Notification of Changes
We gather and collect two kinds of information about users: 1) data that users volunteer by signing up to receive news and product information, entering contests, completing surveys, or buying directly from us; and 2) aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
We never sell or rent your email address or other personally identifiable information. We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send you information you’ve requested and to fulfill orders. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
• When you sign up online to receive Hidden View Farm newsletters, we use your email address to distribute the newsletter and administer your account.
• When you order directly from us, we add you to our newsletters list, and we’ll send you update emails and other marketing pieces.
• When you enter a contest or giveaway, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and communicate with entrants about the results.
• Third parties we retain to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, managing mailing lists, and delivering packages are restricted from using your information for any other purpose.
• We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hidden View Farm, our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated tracking information
We analyze visitors’ use of our sites by tracking information such as pageviews, traffic flow, search terms, and click through. We use this information to improve our sites. We also share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with advertisers and other business partners. We do not share any information with advertisers that can identify an individual user.
You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies or to block cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain site features or functions.
Third Party Services
We may disclose certain of the information we collect to third-party service providers that help us manage communications to and from the Hidden View Farm websites and improve website performance. We are satisfied that these service providers have privacy policies that restrict them from further disclosing any of your information.
What information does Hidden View Farm collect about me?
• Account Information: When you sign up and create an account. During account creation, we ask you for your real name and we assign you a user name. Other users can see your real name, username and location, but not your email address.
• User-generated Content: All of your Hidden View Farm comments, and forum posts are stored on the Hidden View Farm hosting provider servers. Other users can may see your comments, and forum posts, along with your real name and username.
• Usage Information: When you use a Hidden View Farm website, our servers will automatically store a limited amount of information about how you use the website. This information includes a number that identifies your computer (the IP address), which pages you visited, and what browser you are using.
How does Hidden View Farm use my information?
• If you forget your password, we will ask you to disclose to us your email address so that we can verify your account and send you a new password.
• We will use your email address to respond to messages you send us or to communicate with you about the Hidden View Farm service or your account.
• If we detect repeated abusive behavior from your account or IP address, we may share your account name, IP address, and the time and content of the abusive behavior with the IP address owner (such as a school or internet service provided).
• We may use de-identified location, age, gender, and usage data in research studies intended to improve our understanding of how people learn with Hidden View Farm.
• Other than as described above, we will never share personally identifiable information about you with any other person, company, or organization, except:
◦ As required to comply with our obligations under the law.
◦ For technical reasons, if we are required to transfer the data on our servers to another location or organization.
How can I update my personal information?
• You can update your profile information and reset your password through the Account Settings page. You cannot change your username, but you can make a new account and manually copy your information to the new account.
• If you want to delete your account entirely, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your user name and the email address associated with the account. You will receive a confirmation email at that same address.
How does the Hidden View Farm protect my information?
We strictly limit individual access to our servers and the data we store on them. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot completely guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.